ENGIE Services Limited ("ENGIE Services UK”, “we”, “our”) owns and operates this website (“Website”). Hence, ENGIE Services Limited known as EQUANS UK processes the personal data of its customers and potential customers (herein after jointly referred to as “customers”) and adheres to the applicable regulations pertaining to personal data protection.
ENGIE Services Limited UK operates its Website and Services as a Data Controller for customers wishing to learn more about our products and Services. It is important to us that you feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Your data is not used for automated decision-making.
This policy sets out our commitment to the protection of your privacy and personal data in relation to the Services we provide. The lawful basis of processing your personal data is contract or commercial legitimate interest where you or your employer has a contract with us; compliance with legal obligation (where relevant) or consent in other instances. Where our lawful basis is consent, by using our website you are consenting to us processing your Personal Data as set out in this Policy
2. Purpose of Data Processing
Our Website is available to facilitate the provision of various services including:
- responding to your queries and requests for assistance;
- providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- providing your company with individualised products and services;
- tracking your journey across our website to help us improve our services;
- potentially passing your data onto other parts of the ENGIE Group to respond to queries;
- complying with our legal and contractual obligations.
As such it is necessary to hold limited personal data on users of our Services in order to:
- Create, operate and maintain your account;
- Allow you to make full use of our Website features;
- Provide you and/or your Company with support and respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance;
- To manage and improve our Services and aid in the detection, prevention and resolution of any technical issues.
3. Data Categories
When you use our Website, or get in touch with us, we collect personal data in order to provide you with our Services. We only collect data that is necessary for its intended purposes.
There are several categories of personal data which may be collected including:
- your name and contact details including your contact number and email address
- the organisation or business you may represent
- any additional information you may have provided to us
- cookies and usage data – for more information see below section 8.
Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk in forms.
4. Recipients of the data
Only authorised recipients receive and have access to personal data, in compliance with current regulations. These will be:
- our employees involved in the provision of our Services (who are based in the UK);
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- our sub-processors which provide software and support for this processing (for example those listed in the cookies section below) and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
5. Data Retention Time
In order to provide you with our products and services, or to resolve any disputes or complaints, we keep your personal data for one year, after which it is deleted from our systems.
6. Storage and Transfer of Data
The majority of our personal data is stored and processed in the UK. We may however need to process or transfer personal data in the EEA under an adequacy decision for example, in situations where another part of the EQUANS or ENGIE Group would be better suited to responding to your query.
ENGIE Services UK (operating as EQUANS) verifies that its sub-processors use appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure that your personal data is protected.
7. Your rights to your data
You have extensive statutory rights regarding the manner in which your personal data is processed by us. You are entitled to access, query, amend, delete, limit or transfer any personal data concerning you – if you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details given below.
If you have agreed, we and/or selected third parties may use your personal data to provide you with details about offers, promotions, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. This may include other members of the EQUANS/ENGIE Group or UK/EEA based companies offering related services. If you change your mind about this at any time, please let us know by getting in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
For queries related to personal data please use the following details:
Attention: Head of Privacy and Data Protection
(ENGIE Services Ltd)
6 Bevis Marks
If you are not satisfied with the response which you receive, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint.
When visiting the Website, a cookie may be installed on your browser.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your machine primarily to ensure that the Website can manage our users’ session correctly (“necessary cookies”). You can also allow us to place “statistical cookies” on your browser. These are cookies which improve your user experience through services such as autocomplete functions or provide Website analytics. We may also request your permission to install marketing cookies.
You can approve the statistical or marketing cookies by pressing the ‘Accept’ button, or if you’d prefer to use our website without accepting these cookies, although it may impact your experience and mean you may miss out on some offers, you can disable these cookies through your browser settings.
Cookies are kept for a maximum period of 12 months and then deleted.
The necessary cookies used within this context are:
EQUANS UK (ENGIE Services Ltd) may update this Personal Data and Cookies Policy at any time. Consequently, you are invited to regularly consult the Personal Data and Cookies Policy that is currently being applied.
10. Version Control
Revised and combined Privacy and Cookies Policy
Rebecca Simpson & Gillian Matthews